Re: Slow system clock?

Colin,

I think that you may be right. Now that I think about it, the problem only seems
to occur after linux has been running for a long period of time without a logon
(i.e. overnight). I think I have the BIOS configured to kick into sleep mode
after a certain time of inactivity. This would make sense as when the system
slows down the timer interrupt servicing would occur less frequently. I couldn't,
however, find a refence to this problem in the Battery Power Mini-HOWTO at www.linux.org.
I'll try turning off BIOS power management overnight tonight and let you know
what happens. BTW, my kernel is not compiled with power management support,
perhaps if I had, this problem wouldn't have occurred? Anyone know for sure?

Scott / Laurent,

Thanks for your suggestions. Yesterday I installed the adjtimex package and
ran adjtimexconfig. It did it's thing and returned. I then ran linux overnight
having set both the CMOS and system clocks to the correct time. Same problem.
Checking it at 6 AM today showed a system time of 1:26, but 'hwclock --show'
indicated that the CMOS is still correct. If, after tonight, I still have problems
I'll post my /etc/adjtime and output from adjtimex -p for scrutiny.

Thanks for all your help,

Jason