Re: xemacs & <del>

On Sat, 18 Sep 1999, Matthew Guenther wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 18, 1999 at 12:01:17PM +0200, Juli-Manel Merino Vidal wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've a problem with the <del> key in xemacs. If I press <del> it does
> > the same as <backspace>, so deleting the character before the cursor
> > position. It happens in the console and under X (but not with emacs,
> > that works fine). What I have to do to make work both keys ?
> > So, <del> deleting the current character and <backspace> to delete the
> > character before the cursor position (this one works not).
> >
> > Please, HELP. This is really annoying.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >

> I found this in the XEmacs help menu, under sample configurations I think.
> Just add it to your .emacs file:
>
> ;; If you prefer delete to actually delete forward then you want to
> ;; uncomment the next line (or use `Customize' to customize this).
> (setq delete-key-deletes-forward t)
>
> And it should work.

It works fine under X, but not on a normal console.

Johann

| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg             |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that
      there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now
      herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not open
      you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a
      blessing, that there shall not be room enough to
      receive it."           Malachi 3:10