Re: Guessing the date style from the timezone for postgresql postinst

On Sat, Sep 18, 1999 at 03:58:02AM -0300, Nicolás Lichtmaier wrote:
> > Here's a revised version of the script taking into account all comments
> > so far.
>  I guess Argentina isn't the only country that uses the SQL format. There
> must be some others too. It would be great to find a source for this
> information....

Hmm... the question is why we dont simply use locales. Thats the POSIX way
of describing national support and is supported by Java and Unix. Even NT
has a centryl place to set up things like date, time and currency.

It has nothing to do with a specific package, it should be asked in the
libc, like the timezone.

Greetings
Bernd
--