Re: What is required for Kernel 2.2.12 ?

I simply go to ftp.kernel.org and download the latest kernel and compiling it.  i.e.
put the tarball in /usr/src/ and tar-zvzf it.  Then go into /usr/src/linux/ and make
menuconfig.  the make dep; make clean; make bzlilo.  There are many veriations on
this, but I don't ever recall needing new packages.  But someone will correct me if
I'm wrong.

-Aaron Solochek
 leko@cmu.edu