Re: "RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 0"

Gary Young wrote:

<snip>

> Some change between the kernel in Debian 2.0
> and in Debian 2.1 fails on something in my
> hardware.  I'll look at what hardware is
> in the box next.

Hamm uses 2.0.34 while Slink uses 2.0.36  The only obvious difference I
have noticed is that 2.0.36 is able to proble INT 13 to size the
memory.  Compare standard output from the Hamm kernel to the Slink
kernel.  Compare version numbers to figure out which kernel components
have been updated.  That may help you zero in on the problem.  Could
there be a problem with the SCSI intialization?  You did say you were
using SCSI drives?  The driver compiled into the stock kernel has most
likely undergone some updates.  There may be some parameters you can
enter from the "boot:" prompt to get you past the delema.  There is
always the possibility that you have some hardware failure that was not
being detected by the older kernel.  Just a few things to consider.