Re: "RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 0"

Craig H. Block wrote:
> >In attempting to install Debian 2.1 from resc1440
> >floppy onto an HP intel box with SCSI disks that
> >had run Windows-NT, I get the error:
> > "RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 0"
> >and the boot stops.
> That is a normal message stating that the kernel has found a root image
> which is what you would expect it to do.
 	. . .
> The first thing the kernel does after loading is initialize the system
> hardware.
	. . .
> Hope this helps and good luck :)

Thanks for the response.  The problem appears to be
the kernel probes during startup.  I get the same
behavior when I boot the CDROM.  I went back to the
Debian 2.0 CDROM and it boots and goes into the setup
fine.

I attempted to "boot: linux debug", but it doesn't
give any additional information.
I then attempted to use the Debian 2.1 resc1440-safe.bin
image, and it fails at the same point.

Some change between the kernel in Debian 2.0
and in Debian 2.1 fails on something in my
hardware.  I'll look at what hardware is
in the box next.

Gary
begin:          vcard
fn:             Gary Young
n:              Young;Gary
org:            Motorola SPS IT
adr:            Motorola Piedmont Office - Cube 41D;;9801 South 51st Street;Phoenix;AZ;85044;USA
email;internet: r38628@email.sps.mot.com
tel;work:       480-383-5411
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE