Re: Debian to be too late released

Yes - I'm trying to persuade some people here at my work place to switch to Debian from RedHat as they 'discover' linux, but they're put off by the lack of a stable 2.2.x debian release, especially as they want to do some SMP work. OK - upgrade slink to 2.2.x, but then there's more faffing about getting dchcpcd to work properly again so that these can sit happily on our MS driven network.

Let alone 2.4.x...

2c

Martin

 > > Surely I would appreciate a 2.4 [kernel] ready distribution.
 >
 > Why?

 Didn't think of any speacial reason, but only thought that an up-to-date
distribution is always something good (surely it also becomes more
attractive by this).