"RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 0"

In attempting to install Debian 2.1 from resc1440
floppy onto an HP intel box with SCSI disks that
had run Windows-NT, I get the error:
	"RAMDISK: Compressed image found at block 0"
and the boot stops.

Apparently the computer had a compressed C: drive or
partition when it had windows-NT as the operating
system.

(I attempted to do a "boot:floppy" but after
I insert the root diskette, it gets a protection fault.)

Is there a work around for the "compressed image"
problem, or am I missing something about Linux with
SCSI drives.

Gary Young
begin:          vcard
fn:             Gary Young
n:              Young;Gary
org:            Motorola SPS IT
adr:            Motorola Piedmont Office - Cube 41D;;9801 South 51st Street;Phoenix;AZ;85044;USA
email;internet: r38628@email.sps.mot.com
tel;work:       480-383-5411
x-mozilla-cpt:  ;0
x-mozilla-html: FALSE