Need help configuring smail

     Last night I set up fetchmail and smail. At first smail bounced back all my remote messages (local messages were OK). But I made some changes and both are working, I think, but I have some questions so that I'll get less error messages.
     Perhaps someone could give me hints on how to answer the smailconfig prompts?
     Here's the info. I've got:
     I connect to the Internet via modem (TCP/IP). I send mail via SMTP and receive mail via POP3.
          *My SMTP/POP3 server is called hecky.acns.nwu.edu.
          *My login ID for the SMTP/POP3 server is pcr387.
          *My Linux username is david.
          *My Linux hostname is milwaukee.
     When getting mail via fetchmail, at one point I got this error from fetchmail:
         .fetchmail: SMTP doesn't like recipient address `pcr387@localhost'
     In the message header of all remotely received mail, I get this error:
     Please, how should I answer the smailconfig prompts? I assume I want to choose option 1 when starting, the Internet only. But what are my "smarthosts"?
     There isn't much to configure with smail, which is why I chose it, but I need some help.

     Thanks,
     Dave