Re: eth0 to tr0... files/other stuff to change?

On Tue, 14 Sep 1999 kvaughan@bc.cc.ca.us wrote:

 : Installing a 2.2.9 kernel in place of 2.0.36 kills my network card and
 : connections, since the card is a token ring (Olicom).  This card is ID'd as
 : eth0 under the old kernel, but the 2.2.x kernels use tr0.  So the problem
 : doesn't surprise me.  But I'd obviously like to get it working again.
 :
 : I'm guessing that I need to change all references to eth0 over to tr0 in
 : /etc.  Is this correct, or are there other things which need to be done as
 : well?  I figured that
 :    grep -r eth0 /etc/* >FilesToChange
 : would give me the target files.

/etc/init.d/network should do it unless you've got a laptop.

--
Nathan Norman
MidcoNet  410 South Phillips Avenue  Sioux Falls, SD