eth0 to tr0... files/other stuff to change?

Installing a 2.2.9 kernel in place of 2.0.36 kills my network card and
connections, since the card is a token ring (Olicom).  This card is ID'd as
eth0 under the old kernel, but the 2.2.x kernels use tr0.  So the problem
doesn't surprise me.  But I'd obviously like to get it working again.

I'm guessing that I need to change all references to eth0 over to tr0 in
/etc.  Is this correct, or are there other things which need to be done as
well?  I figured that
   grep -r eth0 /etc/* >FilesToChange
would give me the target files.

Appreciate your help!