Re: word not so perfect

On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 12:02:18PM -0500, Kent West wrote:
> Ashley Clark wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, 14 Sep 1999, David Blackman wrote:
> > > Netscape DOESN'T decompress anything.
> >
> > That's odd, it does on mine (sometimes). I've downloaded several
> > items, usually of the form blahblah.txt.gz with Netscape and it then
> > views them for me, uncompressed, in a browser window. Trying to save
> > them also decompresses them. I just tried it, ghoti.org/~aclark,
> > there's only one gz file there.
> >
> > --
> > Ashley Clark
>
> I have to go with Ashley on this one. Sometimes (but not always, IIRC),
> a download via Netscape has resulted in a file that I can't gunzip, even
> though it still has the .gz name. However if I assume it's already
> gunzipped, everything works normally.

     Yes and no.  The answer is in your Netscape "Edit," "Preferences,"
"Navigator," "Applications" configuration.  At a guess, I would say that
Netscape does not decompress anything, but it can call Linux decompression
programs to do so if that is your desire.

Art

By the way, Potato is running rather nicely for a system so early in
its development.  ...good job, developers, users...  :-)