Re: mutt questions

	Subject: mutt questions
	Date: Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 12:48:18PM -0300

Quoting Guilherme Soares Zahn(gzahn@cnen.gov.br):

my_hdr Reply-To:  gzahn@cnen.gov.br

> 2) How do I define a default 'save to' folder?

# next puts mutt mail in dated monthly folders
save-hook mutt  +mutt.`date "+%m%y"`

> I took a look in my .muttrc file, but didn't find much there to help me
> solve these two...

The mutt manual covers this pretty well.  Try hitting F1 while in the
pager.

> Apart from that, the use of the cursor keys is quite confusing, also...
> I don think it's a good policy to have the 'down' key to move you to the
> about using 'n' for 'next message' and 'p' for 'previous message' (and
> the cursor keys for their intuitive funcions)????

The manual does show have to change the cursor keys to what you want
IIRC.  Debian doesn't change the editor keymaps, that is handled by
the upstream maintainers.

I suggest you subscribe to the mutt-users mailing list.  The above
questions are handled daily there.  mutt-users@mutt.org  The mutt site
is a http://www.mutt.org.

HTH
--
Real programmers don't comment their code.  It was hard to write, it
should be hard to understand.