vrweb won't compile under potato

hi,

i'm trying to find _any_ vrml viewer for my potato system (recently
upgraded from slink). vrweb was working fine, but now just segfaults. i
reinstalled it and have the same problem. i downloaded the source packages
from my debian mirror and used the debian scripts to try and compile it,
but the compile failed!

has anyone got a solution? i wouldn't mind working on fixing the problems
(i'm not a bad programmer), but don't want to duplicate efforts...

thanks,
Paul