Re: vrweb won't compile under potato

On Tue, Sep 14, 1999 at 01:15:59AM +0800, Paul Harris wrote:
> hi,
>
> i'm trying to find _any_ vrml viewer for my potato system (recently
> upgraded from slink). vrweb was working fine, but now just segfaults. i
> reinstalled it and have the same problem. i downloaded the source packages
> from my debian mirror and used the debian scripts to try and compile it,
> but the compile failed!
>
> has anyone got a solution? i wouldn't mind working on fixing the problems
> (i'm not a bad programmer), but don't want to duplicate efforts...
>
> thanks,
> Paul

I'm the current maintainer of vrweb. I offer it to adoption because I
can't get it compiled and don't have time to work much on it. vrweb it's
a real mess and I can't make it compiles too. I know that Georges
<georgesk@boltz.univ-littoral.fr> send me some patches that I can send back
to you if desire. It replaces the dynamic-array implementation with the
standard vector.h template.

vrweb is an entangled mix of many old libraries (Mesa, Harmony, etc.)
glued together with automake. I'll be happy if you to take it or at
least fix it.

Have a good day,

Fabien Ninoles        Chevalier servant de la Dame Catherine des Rosiers
aka Corbeau aka le Veneur Gris               Debian GNU/Linux maintainer
E-mail:                                                    fab@tzone.org
WebPage:                                    http://www.tzone.org/~fabien
RSA PGP KEY [E3723845]: 1C C1 4F A6 EE E5 4D 99  4F 80 2D 2D 1F 85 C1 70