Re: ppp & serial device problem: please advise

> Michael, please ensure you are not running a WinModem (ie, one that relies
> on the CPU to do all the work..) I have heard there is coming support for
> those less fortunate modems, but... <shrug>
No, it is a Rockwell chipset, PCI, 56K internal modem.  I have a relatively
solid foundation in the hardware area, so I would never be inclined to
purchase such an--indeed--"unfortunate" modem. :)

> Can you use seyon or minicom to dial to your ISP?
I have yet to try them; I shall and let you (collectively) know.

Michael Phillips
wanderer88@usa.net