blackbox, plus a few..

Hey guys,

I finally got apt-get going--thanks.  I can't remember,exactly, but is there a dpkg  --fix  --broken  that I can use to insure that I
have a "full" installation?  I've got some of netscape 4.6, I think, but not enough to make it run (can run Mozilla fine under
blackbox).  The more I study dselect, the more confused I get.

blackbox stuff:  how do you add menu items?  a background color?  how changing the default video mode and color depth? (by
hand)  right now I use startx blackbox to get going...

an x-term is in the existing  blackbox menu, but it won't accept any input.  How may I get wterm going (just read a post 'bout it
and it sounds good)

last but not least... phewy on exim.  I'm a beginner.  is smail any easier to configure? Right now I have the mutt-exim-fetchmail
combo.  I visited some web document about exim and fetchmail, but lost the url.  I just got the smail deb.

once I get mail, and netscape, I'll have no more reason to borrow a computer!

Thanks

-tf