Re: A quickie-2.2.XX kernel compile-/usr/include links?

It's absolutely, positively, and definitely NOT NEEDED (or even
desirable) for recent kernels.  In fact, doing so can cause subtle
breakages if you compile programs locally, because they can pick up
definitions which don't match what libc is setup to use.