Re: Printing problem with HP LaserJet IIP

On Thu, Sep 09, 1999 at 10:29:12AM -0700, Patrick Olson wrote:

> I saw a situation with the LaserJet III where if the OS specified the
> number of copies, it would obey.  If the OS does not specify, the printer
> uses its setting.  I had a surprise one day because someone had set the
> printer to 10!  Apparently the program I was using only specifies number
> of copies if you want more than one.  Since I wanted one, the program did
> not tell the printer and the printer spit out ten copies.

Thank you so much! That was indeed the problem. Hadnt think of checking that
kind of thing since windoze printed right.

> > Another strange thing: if I try using it via samba from a windoze box (using
> > the printer 'raw', thus without filter), I get only one page, then 4 blank
> > pages. This is better but still annoying.
>
> No idea on the blank pages.  The OKI I have now has an option in its menus

Nod, the blank page problem was a windoze problem. I reinstalled the printer
choosing exactly the same driver and it vanished. Go figure...

Thanks again for the help!

-Lex