Re: insert a blank page in a ps file

On Thu, Sep 09, 1999 at 02:05:15PM +1000, Shao Zhang wrote:
> Hi,
> 	Is there any easy way to insert an extra blank page after
> 	each page in a PostScript file?

I'm not aware of a general tool for doing it, but you basically want to
put an extra showpage after every page.  For DSC compliant documents,
you should be able to put them before the lines starting %%Page: (except
the first) and one at the end of the file.

Sort of like this:

.... stuff
showpage
%%Page: 2 2
.... more stuff
showpage

Check your results with gs before wasting paper, of course.

There's probably a program that'll do this for you, if only by merging with
a document consisting of lots of blank pages.

Note that in the general case this isn't possible, because PostScript files
are really programs, and can do all sorts of things -- most documents just
don't.

> 	Say I have a ps file with pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
> 	I want to format it to a new ps file with the following pages:
> 	1 blank 2 blank 3 blank 4 blank 5 blank 6 blank 7 blank....
>
> 	Thanks in advance.
>
> Shao.

Hope this helps,

Jon Leonard