RE: excel under Wine?

Ok, I haven't gotten Excel 4 to run, but I have had Excel 97 running.  Check
http://www.canadianhomes.net/wim/screenshots.shtml.  Since most Windows 3.1
programs work under Windows 95, couldn't you run Excel 4 under -winver win95 ??

Just a guess, perhaps worth a try l-)

On 05-Sep-99 kaynjay@igalaxy.net wrote:
> Has anyone gotten excel 4 to run under the latest Wine?  I've never used Wine
> before, but believe I have it set up properly, going with:
> wine -winver win31 -dosver 6.2 -name excel /mnt/C/excel/excel.exe
> with C:\ defined as /mnt/C and other places as appears appropriate.
>
> I can't get winehq to respond right now (some internal software error) and
> haven't found an answer elsewhere (I'm fairly clueless about places to
> search).  Has anyone else achieved getting it running?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kenward

---

Regards,

Wim Kerkhoff
wim@netmaster.ca
www.canadianhomes.net/wim

"The algorithm to do that is extremely nasty.  You might want to mug
someone with it."
                -- M. Devine, Computer Science 340