excel under Wine?

Has anyone gotten excel 4 to run under the latest Wine?  I've never used Wine
before, but believe I have it set up properly, going with:
wine -winver win31 -dosver 6.2 -name excel /mnt/C/excel/excel.exe
with C:\ defined as /mnt/C and other places as appears appropriate.

I can't get winehq to respond right now (some internal software error) and
haven't found an answer elsewhere (I'm fairly clueless about places to
search).  Has anyone else achieved getting it running?

Thanks,

Kenward