Re: Why can't I run my program (how do i set ./ on the path permanently)

On Mon, Sep 06, 1999 at 11:43:42AM -0700, Wendell Buckner wrote:
> I indeed needed to type "./hello"!  I knew it was simple!  Now, another
> stupid question for you... How do I add "./" to my path on startup? Also,
> what is the EASIEST way to find the answers to my question before bothering
> you guys?  I'd like to save my hard questions for you guys(the list) instead
> of bothering you with simple ones that I should be able to handle myself.
> My options are the (1) man pages, (2) existing unix books I have and (3) the
> net. I don't want to buy any more books yet, so I'm hoping the ones I have
> will suffice for now. Please give me some hints on searching for the answers
> to this information myself.  Thank you!

Assume you are using bash, put the following line in ~/.bash_profile

export PATH=${PATH}:.

Chanop
| Chanop Silpa-Anan                 <Chanop.Silpa-Anan@syseng.anu.edu.au>     |
| Australian National University                                              |
| visit my web site (not yet finished)                                        |
| http://hilbert.anu.edu.au/~chanop/                                          |
|           Debian GNU Hurd           ICQ uin 11366301                        |