Re: traceroute: icmp socket: Operation not permitted

There were problems with a version of the netstd package (3.07-8 I think) which was
in potato a few days ago. You probably got this version when you upgraded. Try
updating to the newest (3.07-9) version, it fixed this problem on mine.

Chris Schleifer