Re: Why use Debian? Why not Red Hat?

Hi,

I can't see how RedHat can offer any more drivers than any other distrib because everyone is working from the same source..

All standard drivers are in the kernel source and all distributions use it so therefore all distributions have the same number of drivers.

The only things I can think of are:
	- maybe redhat offers some binary drivers that were developed under NDA.  I don't think this would be in their standard distrib as they have been vehment about only having Open Source stuff on their main CDs.   They did once do some work on X servers, think it is out of date now, mebbe this is where you heard it.
	- perhaps redhat has more drivers compiled into their initial bootdisks.  Since as part of the install process you can select modules etc this isn't the same thing at all.

Hope this helps,

Steve