Re: mouse problem

On Thu 09/02/99 11:19AM, S Manikandan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> 	Recently installed Debian Linux 2.1 ,mouse server gpm is not
> starting & it
>  says that freopen(stderr) not able to open.my mouse type is PS/2.X server
> is starting,but be'coz mouse is not moving,Iam not able to do anything
> ,without mouse.Is it possible to work with X without mouse,like with
> keyboard shortcuts.How can i change my X server desktop to Windoze kinda of
> desktop.

Did you load the psaux module? Using X without a mouse is probably
possible, but I think that how you'd do it would be window manager
specific. So I guess you'd need to read the docs for whatever window
manager you plan on using and see what the key bindings for
different actions are.
If you want to set your desktop to be similar to Windows, take a
look at GNOME (http://www.gnome.org/screenshots/index.shtml) and KDE
(http://www.kde.org/kscreenshots.html). Then decide for yourself. I
think that KDE is more similar to Windows.

hth
--
Mark Wagnon       )     Debian GNU/ -o) / /  (_)__  __ ____  __