Re: Netscape Communicator

> Hi, I downloaded and installed Netscape Communicator
> 'communicator-v461-export.x86-unknown-linux2.0.tar.gz'
> Now I get the error that it can't load libXpm.so.4
> but that file is in /usr/X11R6/lib
> can anyone help me?

For that flavor of Netscape, you probably need to install the package
"xpm4.7" from oldlibs which will put the file in

I have /usr/X11R6/lib/libXpm.so.4 and it works fine with

Basically, it seems that your version of Netscape doesn't match your
version of libXpm.so.4.  So, you either want to get that xpm4.7 package or
install communicator-v461-export.x86-unknown-linuxglibc2.0.tar.gz.

Hope this helps,