Re: Why use Debian? Why not Red Hat?

Hi,

> i'm thinking about switching from debian to red hat.  is there any compelling
> reason why debian is better than red hat?
> --

Sure. Debian has a better package control system and can resolve the
dependence better. Apt is a superior tool. Can you find an equivalent one for
redhat?

Second, debian can install rpms, but redhat can not install debs easily. So,
in that sense, you have more choices when you are using debian.

Third, debian usually has packages pre-configured better than that comes in
rpm.

But you have to miss some tools like XConfigurator, linuxconf coming with
redhat when you stick to debian.

If you ask my choice, the answer is certainly *Debian Potato*

--
Min Xu
City College of NY, CUNY