Re: Linux router and NetMeeting

This is because the router uses NAT and the packets arriving at your
friend's computer appear to come from your router, not your NT server.
I'm not familiar with Netmeeting, but if it tries to create a return
connection, this may not work.  Several other protocols do this and only
some of them are supported by Linux IP masquerading via modules which
are created when you compile your kernel.

My router runs 2.0.37 which supports this for cuseeme, irc,
ftp, quake, vdolive and real audio.  I tried ICQ, but didn't have any
luck.  I suspect this is what is happening to you with Netmeeting.

Bob