Re: How convert PC text to UNIX ascii

On 28 Aug 1999, B. Szyszka wrote:
> > I know it's because the file is in pc binary instead of true ascii (despite
> > being saved as a text file). My question is this, is there any way I can
> > convert the file to true ascii while it's still on my pc then copy it to
> > floppy then copy it to linux, without the need to ftp the file between one
> > system and the other?
>
> NoteTab Pro is the text editor I use in Windows and it lets you save
> files in the Unix format. Have a look at:
> http://www.notetab.com

And if you don't want Windows at all on your machine, you can do the
same thing with a very nice shareware editor for DOS called Boxer. This
runs well under Dosemu.

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Linux Debian 2.1 (Windows-free zone)
Book Reviews: http://www.achc.demon.co.uk/bookreviews/

"The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on..."   - Edward Fitzgerald (Rubaiat of Omar Khayyam)