How convert PC text to UNIX ascii

I have several perl scripts saved to my pc I need to convert to linux-able
ascii so I can transfer them to my local linux system via disks or tape.  I
now get the following error message when I copy from my pc to diskette to
linux:

> illegal character \015 (carriage return) at admin.cgi line 2
> (Maybe you didn't strip carriage returns after a network transfer?)

I know it's because the file is in pc binary instead of true ascii (despite
being saved as a text file). My question is this, is there any way I can
convert the file to true ascii while it's still on my pc then copy it to
floppy then copy it to linux, without the need to ftp the file between one
system and the other?

Thanks!

Andre