Re: Soundcard (Crystal CS4236) configuration

  I don't think you need isapnp.  Try adding something like the
following (replacing appropriate io,irq,etc) to /etc/modutils/aliases.

alias sound cs4232
pre-install sound insmod sound dmabuf=1
alias midi opl3
options opl3 io=0x388
options cs4232 io=0x530 irq=5 dma=1 dma2=0 mpuio=0x330 mpuirq=7
synthirq=1 synth
io=-1

  Then run update-modules to change the /etc/conf.modules. For the opl3
support, I added opl3 to my /etc/modules.  You can remove active modules
with rmmod, list them with lsmod, and of course insert with insmod.
You'll want to remove any active sound modules before trying modprobe
sound.
--
                ___