Soundcard (Crystal CS4236) configuration

I could use my soundcard to produce sound using the speakers, but not
record anything. When I tried I got the following error message:

Sound: DMA (input) timed out - IRQ/DRQ config error?

Now I am trying to correct that.

According to pnpdump my card is a Crystal CS4236.  The kernel
documentation says :

"To configure the Crystal CS423x sound chip and activate its DSP
functions, modules may be loaded in this order:

        modprobe sound
        insmod ad1848
        insmod uart401
        insmod cs4232 io=* irq=* dma=* dma2=*"

However when I do 'modprobe sound' the following happens:

$sudo modprobe sound
/lib/modules/2.2.9/misc/sound.o: invalid parameter IRQ

I am not sure from the isapnp-documentation whether or how I must use
isapnp.

I hope somebody can help me on this one please.

Johann
| Johann Spies                                 Windsorlaan 19              |
| jhspies@futurenet.co.za                3201 Pietermaritzburg             |
| Tel/Faks Nr. +27 331-46-1310		       Suid-Afrika (South Africa)  |

     "Use hospitality one to another without grudging."
                                   I Peter 4:9