Re: E! Enlightenment for newbie?

Well, after reviewing the replies I've received and having another look through
www.x11.org's comparison chart, it look like the best candidate for most
features, ease of configuration via GUI tools and good displays on my daughters
remote X-Terminal with it's 8 bit colour limit, is WindowMaker. I believe that
WindowMaker is installed on my system, I should be able to switch to it from the
menu option in fvwm95. When I get a chance to have a good, long sit at my PC
again, I'll give it a try. I have been reading up on how to set up the modelines
for XF86Config, and my monitor's manual give great details, so I should be able
to get this going with little bother, but so far I've got several resolutions
available, but the desktop is still 1024x768. At lower resolutions, I can use
the mouse to scroll around the screen. How to I get the desktop to change with
the resolution?
Again, I've found the people on this list to be extremely helpful and I'm
forever in your debt for having got as far with my system as I have. I'm sure
I'll be coming back here for more help and just wanted to extend my heartfelt
thanks.

Cheers,

     John Gay