Tightening security

Hi all. I got a question about security.
I'm currently running libc2.0.7u, with 2.2.11 kernel, and apache.
To protect from possible attacks I minimized the number of ports open and
put up a portsentry. However, when I nmap myself, I see a port 6000
listening for connections. I believe that is X.
 Is there any security risk in that, and how would I be abel to protect
it, because portsentry does not bind to it so it can be protected.
TIA,
  Andrew

 Andrei S. Ivanov
 Scorpio@hushmail.com