Re: SNMP

On Thu, Aug 26, 1999 at 04:42:33PM -0400, Ken Long wrote:
> I just ran some package upgrades today and some of the packages that got
> updated were the snmp packages.  (now at 3.6.2-8)  I see that they now also
> mention something about being UCD.

The new SNMP packages are built using the UCD SNMP source.  The old
SNMP packages were built using a different, Linux-specific SNMP
source.

> Well, my question is this...after upgrading the packages, my MRTG machine
> can no longer talk to my machine to get readings.  Watching in xconsole, I'm
> seeing a message come up saying:
>
> Aug 26 16:36:06 lusitania snmpd: Connection from XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX refused

The new SNMP agent uses a different configuration file format from the
old one.  The default configuration only allows access to the MIB2
system group.  You will need to edit /etc/snmp/snmpd.conf to allow
greater access.

David
--
David Engel