Re: Libraries

On Thu, Aug 26, 1999 at 11:21:35AM -0300, Guilherme Balena Versiani wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 	I want to know how to make the <name>_pic.a format libraries  found in
> Debian distribution. I want to create reduced shared libraries with
> these ones to make a small filesystem image for a boot/root disk.
> 	I need to know at least where I could find these files:
> 	- libncurses_pic.a (version 3.0);
> 	- libc5_pic.a;
> 	Or, maybe, can someone send libraries to me?

Look at the scripts in the source of the boot-floppies package. Shared
libraries (.so) would probably be a better idea than static if you are
looking to conserve disk space. By definition, no one else could send
you libraries that are optimized for YOUR specific task, so I'm not sure
why you want others to send you libraries.
--
Stephen Pitts
smpitts@midsouth.rr.com