Re: Is this smart HD partitioning?

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999 20:42:57 +0800, Hans van den Boogert
<hansfong@mail.geocities.com> wrote:

>Now I find that the hard drive is constantly "accessed and reset." I mean
>that it seems the disk is being accessed for a second, then goes back to
>inactivity with an almost crackling noise.

  This most likely is the harddisk recalibrating itself. Some HD's do
that more often than others, and especially laptop HD's appear to
exhibit this annoying behaviour. I have two harddisks for my laptop, an
IBM and a Toshiba, and both do this (the Toshiba the worst).

  Gertjan.