Re: Adaptec AHA-2940

I had a similar problem with my PII. My solution, though not eloquent, was to
use 2.0 boot, driver and base disks to start the installation. I then had to
upgrade one of the libs before I could then use dselect to install from my 2.1
CD's. dselect will tell you which lib needs updating. You then can copy the
required .deb file to /tmp and use
dpkg -i libxx.xx.deb
to install the new lib. There is probably a better way around this, but this
worked for me. It seems the boot kernel for debian 2.1 is more touchy about SCSI
that the boot kernel for 2.0. I have even compiled new kernels based on 2.2.9
with no other problems with my SCSI hardware.
I'm still new to linux, but I like to offer what help I can to return the
favours of all the people on this and other lists that have helped me get this
far.

Cheers,

     John Gay