Re: teTeX and DWWW

Marc Haber wrote:

> When I use DWWW to access the teTeX-Documentation, I can get through
> fine to
> http://torres.gf1.internal/cgi-bin/dwww?type=file&location=/mnt/main8/usr/doc
> /texmf
> while torres.gf1.internal is my Debian box. However, none of the links
> on that page work (Example:
> http://torres.gf1.internal/cgi-bin/dwww?type=file&location=/mnt/main8/usr/doc
> /texmf/tetex/teTeX-FAQ
> gives "file not found", but teTeX-FAQ.gz clearly is there).

Your web server (apache perhaps) is not guessing that the file
requested was compressed in the Debian package.

You may complain and fill a bug against the package etex-base
(check that there isn't one filled already) or switch servers (I
hear that BOA handles this correctly) or configure apache to
handle this:

- See http://localhost/doc/apache/manual/content-negotiation.html
  in the apache-doc package.

- See this message from last year: