Re: KDE question about panel icons

Gerald.Preissler@gmx.de wrote:
> How did you install KDE? I grabed the sources from a mirror of ftp.kde.org
> and compiled them myself, and I can add icons to my panel without problems.
> I am using slink, though.

I installed from debs I picked up from http://kde.tdyc.com.

I figured out a way to get it to work, but it's kind of a PITA. I
have to log in as root, fire up KDE, then use the menu editor to
assign icons for each application that isn't a KDE app, or just
doesn't have an icon associated with it.

I find it strange that some programs already have icons (emacs,
vim, gv) and others don't. I realize that those I mentioned are
fairly common, but I would guess that xterm and rxvt are too, and
should have icons assigned to them automagically.

I don't know if it's a flaw with KDE or is the packages are
buggy.

I guess I can live with my little work-around for the time being.
I guess it's a good thing that the panel isn't very large and
wont hold more than 10 or so apps at my desktop's current
resolution :)

thanks again
--
Mark Wagnon       )     Debian GNU/ -o) / /  (_)__  __ ____  __