Re: fixing lpr printed margins

On Tue, Aug 24, 1999 at 06:13:03PM -0700, NatePuri wrote:
> How can I change the margins for text documents that are printed via lpr.
>
> Right now I can only print 1/4 in margins.  I would like the traditional
> 1' in margin.  I would like to keep the 12pt font that it currently prints
> to.

You might try the usual *nix approach of combining utilities to achieve
the goal.  For example:
        pr -l 60 -o3 -h "" ascii.txt | lpr
(or something like that to achieve your desired margin).

FYI, back in the olden days when Unix was being written it was "sold"
to AT&T management as a text processing system, so it is full of great
little programs like pr, fmt, fold, etc.  Most of these have been
re-written as free software by the FSF folks as the GNU Text Utilities.
Once you figure them out, they are _very_ handy tools.