Re: Still Having .forward problems with EXIM

"Kent Andersen" <debian@gbasin.net> wrote:
> Anyone know why exim still deivers localy when a .forward file is in
> place
> and a valid email address is in it?

Do you have a line like this in your /etc/exim.conf?

local_domains = scgf.gmx.net:localhost

Once this has been set, the implication is that any *other* domains are
remote. Local mail will be delivered according to what is in your
~/forward file, remote mail will be queued when off-line if you have
queue_remote_domains = * in your exim.conf for version 3 of exim, or
queue_only = true if you are using exim v2. If you do not have this
latter line, then exim will attempt to send outgoing mail immediately.
If you are not on-line it will get queued anyway, but it assumes an
error.

At the end of your exim.conf you should have:

smarthost:
  driver = domainlist
  transport = remote_smtp
  route_list = "* mailhost.dircon.co.uk bydns_a"

mailhost.dircon.co.uk will be replaced with your IP's smtp mailserver
address.

BTW, my ~/.forward file looks like this:

# Exim filter  <<== do not edit or remove this line!

if error_message then finish endif
logfile $home/eximfilter.log

if $h_Delivered-To matches "p.deackes@gmx.net"
then seen save $home/Mail/School