Re: fvwm2 configuration

*- On 25 Aug, John Carline wrote about "Re: fvwm2 configuration"
> "E.L. Meijer (Eric)" wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I use fvwm2 as a window manager in slink.  In
>> /etc/X11/fvwm2/system.fvwm2rc, the FvwmPager module is started with one
>> desk, after .fvwm2/post.hook is read.  I like to start FvwmPager with
>> three desks, and do that in my post.hook file.  As a result there are
>> always two FvwmPagers running, on top of each other.  Luckily the one I
>> added is on top most of the time, but sometimes it isn't.  Is there a
>> way to make fvwm2 stop processing the configuration files in
>> .fvwm2/post.hook?
>
> Probably the simplest way would be to copy the "system.fvwm2rc" into your home
> directory as ".fvwm2rc" and then edit it so that it puts up exactly the FvwmPager
> setup you want. You then wouldn't need to put it into the "post.hook". That or
> comment out the items in ".fvwm2rc" and leave your "post.hook" as is.

The system.fvwm2rc in Debian's setup is used to read all the system and
user .hook files.  It is designed to be robust enough to allow the user
full configuration of the wm or no configuration at all and just use the
defaults.

>> I tried to play around with the KillModule command,
>> but that seemed to have no effect.

I use the following at the top of my ~/.fvwm/post.hook and it works
great.

ButtonStyle Reset
DestroyDecor default-decor
DestroyModuleConfig FvwmIconBox
DestroyModuleConfig FvwmButtons
DestroyModuleConfig FvwmPager

I then have a clean slate to define my own setup for the above modules,
etc.

--
Brian