module aliases

Periodically I get the following messages in my logfiles:

     modprobe: can't locate module sound-slot-1
     modprobe: can't locate module sound-service-1-0

How can I tell for certain which modules I need to add an alias for, or
if I should alias them off entirely?  I'm running kernel version 2.2.11,
and my soundcard is a SoundBlaster AWE64 (ISA).  The following
sound-related modules were created when I compiled the kernel:

     awe_wave
     sb
     uart401
     sound
     soundlow
     soundcore

I tried browsing through the various header files, but didn't see
anything which seemed relevant to this issue.

Any suggestions appreciated.  Thanx!