gs/gs-aladin, (e)pswrite and setlinewidth

I have the following problem: I have a postscript-file which draws to
lines, a thin one and a thick one:

thue:~/test $cat simple.ps
%!
newpath 0 20 moveto 100 0 rlineto stroke
newpath 0 50 moveto 100 0 rlineto 10 setlinewidth stroke
showpage

I would like to have it rewritten as a eps-File (Of course, I could do
this myself in this small example, but actually, I have a much bigger
file which contains output from latex+psfrag and all kind of things which
I want to get rid of), so I use epswrite:

thue:~/test $gs -sDEVICE=epswrite -sOutputFile=simple.eps -dBATCH -dNOPAUSE simple.ps
GNU Ghostscript 5.10 (1998-12-17)
Copyright (C) 1997 Aladdin Enterprises, Menlo Park, CA.  All rights reserved.
This software comes with NO WARRANTY: see the file COPYING for details.

In the result, the thick line has become thin.
(I am using gs on slink; I also tried gs-aladin from slink and potato,
same effect ...)

Any thoughts?

Thank you

Clemens Heuberger

--
Clemens Heuberger - Institut fuer Mathematik B, Technische Universitaet Graz
Steyrergasse 30/II, A-8010 Graz, Austria.  Tel: +43 316 873-5355, Fax: -5369