Samba question

Ok, now I have samba running on my linux pc and I have apache up and
running swell at localhost 127.0.0.1

My question is how do I get win95 on my other pc to recognize samba on my
linux machine?  Can I get away with ppp or slip via modems or serial cards
or must I install my network cards at this time?

I had hoped to wait a couple of weeks to install the cards et al because
then I will buy and install the pentium to the linux machine and hoped to
have both hardware issues out of the way the same day.

In the meantime, is it now possible to get win95 to recognize linux via
serial or modem connection?

Andre'