Stumped! Where find resources for web hosting on apache?

I've spent over 30 hours searching the internet for resources for hosting
web sites on my server and have come up empty.  I've found well over
100,000 sites which are resellers of web hosting services and products on
their servers. Unfortunately I cannot find more than four companies which
sell software to host web sites on apache on my server.

I'd prefer to use open source software but since I can't find any I'll
probably have to buy one of these four I've found so far.

$60 Webby Scripts http://w3.elonex.co.il/index-w.html
$80 Webhome http://webhome.cyberscript.net/
$199.00 Vlinto http://www.customcgi.net/truevirtual
$200 Homefree http://solutionscripts.com/vault/homefree/index.shtml

I know no one who uses the above packages so I'm a little leary perl
software there are no refunds.  It seems hard to imagine there are only
these four companies around the world who provide software of this kind.
With the thousands of webmasters and isp's it seems there would be more
competition for these dollars.  I'm guessing there are more competitors and
am guessing I just haven't found them yet.

Any ideas of other resources for similar software?

Thanks!

Andre'
...A little frustrated with sitting in this same seat for all these hours
and days with nothing more to show for the lost time.