dhcp on 2.0.x kernel and potato

Hi all,

I'm running a potato system, and I'm still using a 2.0.x kernel.
I have an account with the @home service and I decided to set my
eth0 up to use dhcp to get the necessary info whenever my IP
lease runs out.

I grabbed and installed the dhcpcd package from unstable, and I
ran into trouble getting it to work. I took a look at the README
and it informs me that this particular version doesn't work with
2.0.x kernels.

Q 01. Can I install the dhcpcd client from slink instead? If so, how
will I keep it from being upgraded the next time I do apt-get
upgrade?

Q 02. Or am I better off installing a tarball and using that?

Q 03. Or should I run a 2.2.x kernel, use the current version of
dhcpcd, and learn how to use IPchains?

tia for any input
--
Mark Wagnon       )     Debian GNU/ -o) / /  (_)__  __ ____  __