Re: dhcp on 2.0.x kernel and potato

On Sun, Aug 22, 1999 at 02:54:55PM -0700, Mark Wagnon wrote:
   Hi all,

   I'm running a potato system, and I'm still using a 2.0.x kernel.  I
   have an account with the @home service and I decided to set my eth0
   up to use dhcp to get the necessary info whenever my IP lease runs
   out.

   I grabbed and installed the dhcpcd package from unstable, and I ran
   into trouble getting it to work. I took a look at the README and it
   informs me that this particular version doesn't work with 2.0.x
   kernels.

The README is incorrect.  The dhcpcd package will work for both 2.0.x
and 2.2.x kernels.  As to why it is not working, do you receive any
error messages starting it up?  You might try doing the following:
      /etc/init.d/dhcpcd stop
      rm /etc/dhcpc/dhcpcd-eth0.info /etc/dhcpc/dhcpcd-eth0.cache
      rm /var/run/dhcpcd-eth0.pid
      /etc/init.d/dhcpcd start

Dennis
--